Sunday 3 April 2016

Brand Me: Refining my Social Media

Ever since that it has been suggested to me that I should change my font on my channel art, I really don't like the 'O' in my username, so I have taken the advice and changed the font that I use.

Considering Fonts

I scrolled through all of the fonts that were available to me on Photoshop, and I didn't really like any of them, so I searched through a website called Dafont.com, to see if anything stood out to me. I didn't want anything too quirky, though I wanted it to be rather simple. Here I have tried out different fonts alongside my logo. I was looking at the thickness of the text and the letter spacing and in the end I opted for 'Giraffe' because I thought it wasn't too ordinary, yet was clean and worked better than my old font. 

Then came the task of remaking my art, and getting the positioning of the components correct so that they sat nicely on my sites. Making the Tumblr background was particularly annoying as the preview of the theme isn't the same as what is shown on your page. Though it took way longer that initially expected, I think the re-work was definitely worth it. 

New Channel Art

I have since removed the standing character of myself from the channel art. Despite being fond of the piece, I felt that the drawing that I produced for Onform was a better choice, as it was cleaner and much less pixelated when blown up to a different size as I had drawn it using vectors. I still have my original portrait though however, and shall continue to show the piece on my blogs. 

Regarding the "LaurensAnimations" in my YouTube URL/Username, there isn't anything I can do about that at this moment. In order for me to make a custom URL I now need to have 100 subscribers, and I had set up my old URL when this wasn't the case and when I used the account for my Art Foundation work. The "LaurensAnimations" doesn't seem to show up usually when you search for my name, instead the link is a bunch of random letters, but it will still work as it is still associated with my account. As I can't add "Laurenimations" to my URL, I'm going to make sure to tag all of my videos with this, so that you should still be able to find my work if you search for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment