Tuesday 12 April 2016

Titles Lecture With Martin

Yesterday we had a short lecture with Martin about making titles and compositing in After Effects. He showed us a quick example of a title sequence he had made using Photoshop layers and images and how we could import these compositions into After Effects and animate them. I already was aware of this as well as a lot of what Martin was showing us, but I did learn a few things which would definitely had benefitted me had I been made aware of this earlier.

The first thing I wasn't aware of is that you could pre-comp some components so that when you use masks and animate, say, the position of the components, the mask won't move with the position change, but will instead stay stationary. This would have been a huge help when I was making my info graphic for CoP for instance, as I was animating the mask path in order for text to emerge from behind it, but at least I know now for future reference.

I was aware of the animator function on text on after effects, but I had never had a need to use it before so it was nice to see the different ways in which it could be used. I also wasn't aware that you could use two animators on the same component and use this method to have thing exceed the 100% offset, which could be helpful for creating secondary action or implementing other principles of animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment