Sunday 3 April 2016

Pitch Perfect: Logo Designing

In our last meeting we assigned each other roles, this included what we would do for the company and the work we need to complete for setting up our company and presentation. My title is Marketing Manager, and I shall be taking charge of social media and making sure our work gets out there, so my first task is to make our sites. In order to for me to do this, we had to decide on a logo and the colours/style we were going to brand ourselves with. Emma was left in charge of creating the logo, but asked for a few quick sketches of what we all had in mind, so she could take the best elements from our designs and make a refined, final logo.

My Initial Designs

I started by looking at different pockets and tried to keep the designs simple, so the final coloured product would look clean and professional. I also looked briefly at having a character sitting in the pocket as I thought this would help get across that we were a fun company.

Emma's Refined Designs

Emma produced a series of designs based on our ideas and input, but in the end we decided we wanted to go for a simple pocket design, and try to incorporate the pixels into the design. Joe created some tests with example fonts and colour which we all really liked, and in the end went for the design that Joe had come up with.

Joe's Designs

I personally thought it was a good decision to go with Joe's designs, as I like the simplicity of them and they look much more professional than what we had previously come up with. I also like the decision to stick with the one colour gradient - we had opted for the green/blue - as it doesn't over complicate the design, and it makes it easier to brand ourselves this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment