Wednesday 11 May 2016

Brand Me: Designing a Business Card

Having no previous experience at designing business cards, I quickly did a google search of creative cards before I got started on my own.  I particularly like these designs as they are clean and professional. They don't use too many colours and they have a nice layout, which is what I would like to achieve with my own business card.

Business Card Research

I made a couple of different designs and layouts, and made sure to make the card consistent with the rest of my branding (same logo, font and colours). I have seen and been given cards before that have had a still from an animation or piece of art work on the front of the business card (or the back, depending on how you see it), and I thought it would be a good idea to do this with my logo instead. I experimented with whether text was going to accompany the logo, and if so, where it would sit and how big it was going to be. I did the same with my contact details.

Combinations of Front and Back

I was unsure which combination I preferred, so I asked others about their preferences to see whether this would help me decide which to go for. There wasn't a definite winner, though options 1,5 and 8 were selected the most frequently, so in the end I just went with my own instinct and combined the back of 1 with the front of 5.

Final Business Card Design

Now I have a design I am happy with, I will be able to get some cards printed for when I attend festivals or events so I can hand them out and get my name out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment