Sunday 15 May 2016

Creating Game Art: Jim The Annoyed - Menu Screens and Other Components

(I actually posted about this a few months ago, but I accidentally deleted it - oops)

The second task I was assigned to do was to create a menu screen for the game. The predetermined environment was simply going to be set outside, and the platforms were going to be made of grass and mud, so I thought it would be a nice idea to have the menu screen made in the same way. I made a sprite sheet of grass and mud titles, then made up a screen to the required dimensions.

Game Components

Animated Menu Screen

I also made a death screen and a paused menu in the same style as the menu screen, so that there was consistency within the game's style. 


Sadly, there hasn't been any further progress made with the game, as James now has other responsibilities with University. Because of this, I don't have any further evidence of my art and how it looks in game, but it maybe something that we begin working on again in the summer, once the university year has finished. I definitely hope so, as I have thoroughly enjoyed working on this project and I have liked experiencing what it could be like working on a game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment