Monday 27 October 2014

Bojack Horseman: Long Face. Horses Have Long Faces. I am a Horse. My Face is Long.

I'd heard a lot of people talking about this show, and finally curiosity got the better of me and I decided to watch it. I had no idea what to expect, I just knew the main character was a horse. Obviously.


The show is a Netflix Original and it's actually not bad. It's nothing spectacular visually, it's actually pretty basic and has a similar art style to that of Family Guy, The Simpsons, etc. Basically your typical cartoon style, but I think it works well here. The creators clearly set out to entertain an older audience rather than inform, and I think they managed to do just that. The humour was right up my street. It wasn't always necessarily "laugh out loud" funny, but it was entertaining enough to keep me watching till the end of the series. The same goes for the storyline. It took me a few episodes to get into it, but eventually I was finding myself wanting to know what happens in the end. I think the character development was great, and the show had a good mixture of crazy mishaps and "serious" scenes to allow you to build a liking for the characters, and I found myself being pretty gutted once I'd finished watching the series. 

It might not be everybody's cup of tea as some of the jokes can be a bit hit and miss, and there are a lot of scenes that contain adult themes, for instance drug use, but I thought it was a good show overall and I'm glad that curiosity did get the better of me as I found myself enjoying it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment