Tuesday 14 October 2014

Wallace and Gromit: The Bounce Has Gone From His Bungee!


Wallace and Gromit is a series that consists of a feature-length film and four short animations that was produced by a guy (GENIUS) called Nick Park of Aardman Animations. The first film he released was in 1989  and was called "A Grand Day Out", but this isn't the first I watched. The first I saw was "A Close Shave" and it blew me away as a child. I fell in love with the film as soon as I watched it, and even had a teddy of Gromit given to me on my fourth birthday, a childhood possession that I still have to this day, fifteen years later.

Now that I am older I love the films much more, and I can really appreciate the amount of effort that goes into the production of them, something I didn't notice as a child. Heck, I didn't even realise they were made out of Plasticine as a child. It was only once I got older and learnt about stop motion animation did I register that it was. It was then that I realised that Nick Park is a GOD. Words can not describe how jealous I am of his creations.

In all seriousness, Wallace and Gromit was, and still is, an amazing series. The effort and detail that is put into the set and the characters is unbelievable, it still baffles me to this day how he has the patience to do something like that (she says whilst taking an animation course). It also bewilders me how he gets the timings perfect, and things such as speech down to a T. Not only is the production of the series out of this world, but the characters are also very loveable, and the storyline is great. The films have never failed to amuse me, and I have seen "Curse of the Were-Rabbit" over a hundred times. At least. (You think I'm joking… I'm being deadly serious).

If I ever get into stop motion animation - I know I definitely want to try it again - I would be happy if I just had a quarter of the skill that Park demonstrates in these movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment