Wednesday 16 March 2016

Brand Me: Existing Social Media

For our new PPP brief, we are required to develop a creative presence, and as part of this presence we are encouraged to have set up several social media pages with channel art that will identify ourselves. Now, I've already got multiple accounts for different sites, and have actually updated my look somewhat recently, but I thought I'd take this as an opportunity to review my style and see what people think.

My Social Media Pages

It was pointed out to me that my first consideration should be the text that I use. The text I am currently using is very 50s Art deco, which is fine, but I should consider what this could say about myself and whether this is what I want my image to be. I'd never really thought about this before, and chose the font simply because I liked the look of it, though looking back over it, it might be a good idea to change. Whilst I am doing this, I shall also have to visit my YouTube page, as the links to my other blogs and pages have since been removed so now my art isn't actually pointing to anything. 

Other than that nothing was really mentioned, other than it might be nice to design some more characters like the ones I produced for onform to have on my channel art, which maybe something I explore, not only for my portfolio but for my online identity too, though I don't think this is a necessity because I like the channel art I have currently. If it is not something I follow through with now, it is definitely something I will consider for the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment