Tuesday 12 May 2015

Ekko: People Waste a Lot of Time, Then, They Wish For More.

I know I've mentioned before that I enjoy playing the online game League of Legends, and that I really enjoy the animations that Riot Games release, but I'm going to briefly talk about their latest video. The animation is based on their new Champion Ekko, and it gives you an insight into what the character is going to be like. 

For starters, I appreciate that they are bring out more black characters to build on their diverse range of champions. I also like the design of the character (just like I like the design of pretty much all of the champions) and how even though he shares qualities with other champs, he still seems unique. 

Ekko: Seconds


I also like how the art/animation style in these videos by Riot differ from the actual game play, yet it still gives you an idea of how the character is going to be played. The videos are much more intense and they use a variety a different camera angles and shots to hook the viewers attention and to make the fight scenes more dramatic. This is obviously the complete opposite of the birds eye view that you get of the game when you play, and I like that these videos bring the gameplay to life in a different way to what I'm/you're used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment