Friday 11 March 2016

Green Screen Tutorial: Part Two

In our second green screen tutorial we were shown how to key the green screen and remove it from our footage that we collected in the first session. The process was surprisingly easy, but then again we were only shown a very basic level of keying, it can obviously get much more complex than what we were working with. Still, I can definitely see how this process could be of use/beneficial to me in the future, if the opportunity arises.

Screenshots of Steps

As I said, the process was relatively easy. To start you drag the keylight effect onto the JPEG sequence then use the screen colour to select the green screen. You can tell that the screen has been removed as the red of my composition background is showing through, but there are still areas that remain due to the green screen being poorly lit to begin with. To correct this I played around with the screen softness and the shrink/grow until I was happy with how it looked. 

To remove the rest of the unwanted background, I created a mask. I played around with the mask expansion so I could get a close to my subject as possible without erasing any of it. From here I was able to add in a background and compose the piece. 


Final Product

Overall I found the session to be very interesting and informative, and I think I was able to do a good job with the source material we had. It was a shame that the windmill shakes due to the original photographs but it will do for a test. If I were to do this myself in the future I now know the importance of keeping the camera steady and keeping the green screen well lit!

No comments:

Post a Comment