Thursday 26 March 2015

Beauty and the Beast: I Use Antlers in All of my Decorating!

Beauty and the Beast is another of my all time favourites. Now, usually I'm not a big fan of the Disney Princesses (with the exception of a few), but I really enjoyed this film, and I think it's because of the twists they put on the generic story. Like that that it isn't "love at first sight" between Belle and the Beast (which is obviously understandable, he's not even human at this point) but instead she is scared of him to begin with and eventually sees his gentle side. The same with the beast. He is aggressive towards Belle at the start of the film but he becomes more comfortable with her as he realises she is doing the same.


 I also like that there isn't an talking animal companions that are attracted to the princess' kind and caring nature, but instead we have humans turned into live everyday objects that accompany the beast. These characters definitely enhance my viewing experience as they are very lovable and they stick by the Beast's side through this hard time in his life, despite him being partly responsible for the state they're in. I think it's a nice touch that they encourage him to be a kinder and a more friendly person, and ultimately set him and Belle up for a "dinner date" which is a nice change from "Prince Charming sweeping the Princess off of her feet".

I also think that this film is very well animated. The movements of the characters are very fluid and realistic especially in the ballroom scene, which is one of my favourites in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment