Wednesday 24 May 2017

Position Statement

I am a passionate and ambitious 2D animator, who has recently graduated from Leeds College of Art with a BA (Hons) in Animation. I love work that has a strong personality, whether this be from characters or stylistic and detailed backgrounds. I have recently developed a focus on character animation myself, but in reality I just enjoy making things move. I am very open-minded when it comes to trying new things, which means I have experience with a range of software -including Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Maya - as well as a portfolio complete with multimedia pieces.

My ultimate goal is to better myself as an Animator, so everything I do is in pursuit of that goal. I am a firm believer that life drawing is crucial for a good animated performance, so I practice regularly, not just to better myself as a practitioner but because it is something I truly enjoy. I am often influenced by those around me and I love travelling to new and exciting places to find further inspirations. This year I had the chance to go to Tokyo where I visited the Studio Ghibli museum and generally absorbed the Eastern culture and animation, as well as Lille, where I took part in the Marathon de Animation as part of the 13th edition of Fete D' L'Anim. My teamwork skills were put to the test as I worked with two other students I had never met before, to produce a 10 second animation in just 36 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment