Wednesday 24 May 2017

Studio Research: Brown Bag Films


Brown Bag Films is a large animation company, that has studios in Belfast, Manchester and the US, that produce original children's TV shows, including Doc McStuffins which is a personal favourite. It is another Studio that I was able to speak with during Meet the Experts.

Show They Produce

Children's animation is something I'd definitely be interested in producing, and Brown Bag seem to have a mix of both 2D and 3D, though their most famous works are those produced in 3D. They produce high quality shows, and I like them because of how engaging they are and how they are very character/narrative driven. I've even sat down and watched Doc McStuffins with my niece and children in the family, and I think it's beautifully made, and very imaginative. 

I've found that they have openings for a 2D Animator at their Manchester studio, which would be perfect for me. The successful candidate would be working on a new, pre-school series for a global children's channel, and would be working amongst a team of animators, reporting to the Director. It says that you must have at least 2 years' experience working as an animator, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to apply, as I am still eager to gain experience and work in a studio. 

Application Response

Though it's unlikely I'll get the position if they truly are wanting someone with experience, it would still be nice to have my work considered. Who knows? As my showreel shows a breadth of 2D skills, maybe something good could come from my application. I shall remain hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment