Wednesday 24 May 2017

Studio Research: Yorkshire Animation Continued


Little Motel is a small Animation Studio based at Duke Studios in Leeds, who offer a range of 2D and 3D design services. They cover all aspects of production including concept design & development, storyboards and character design, through to character animation, motion graphics, music videos and sound design. 


Asthma Pro - Introductory Animation

Their 2D work is very informative, and very motion graphic-y. It looks professional and definitely get the message across in an interesting way. Again, this is something I am open to exploring further having experienced info graphics briefly during my time at university. 

On their website it says that they currently have no vacancies, but they are always keen to meet freelancers, so I'll make sure to drop them an email.



Kilogramme is an Animation production company based in Manchester, that produce a wide range of design led multimedia. I first came across their work at MAF in 2015, where they showcased their Tall Tales animations. I really like their work, and I think it's great that they have such a diverse range of styles and media. They've proved to everyone that they're not rooted with their animating abilities and I think this is why they're so successful. 

Five Ways to Wellbeing

I particularly like this animation, and how they have combined the use of 2D and 3D. I think the aesthetic of the film is beautiful, and working with texture is something I am interested in myself, having looked at this briefly in my Grad film. 

I think this is another studio I could see myself working for. I like that they have a number of different clients and target audiences, and do a mixture of commercial and animation for TV and non-commercial uses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment